Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sunshine and Metal

So today I felt strangely accomplished.
perhaps it was because I finally lugged my little red camera friend with me and took pictures!
( like I have been meaning to do..but my brain is still not used to owning a fully working camera)
it was a blast.
aaaaand errrr I did get a tad carried away, maybe?
nah. No one could ever take too many photo's.
.except of themselves.
you vain person you!!!
shame.
{oooh darn and dagnabbit.}
I failed.
well, I was alone all day, so whaddya expect?
sheesh!!

It was incredibly foggy early this morning on the way to class... I loved it, reminded me of my FAVORITE scene from Pride & Prejudice when Mr. Darcy is walking towards Elizabeth in the morning fog =] I indulged myself ( and rewarded myself for making it thru algebra without dozing and also getting to skip class because of my orthodontist appointment heh heh) by making a stop at Starbucks ( college moment!! ha ha) and tried their new Dark Cherry Mocha ({oh so deelish!!) with a Petite Vanilla Bean Scone to go. scrumptious.The weather turned out to be BEAUTIFUL today! Thank you God for the sunshine and warm breeze!!It was most certainly a TOMS day.

{ actually, in my opinion, everyday is a TOMS day. I heart my comfy shoes} Oh Spring, you greeted me so cheerily when I came home today.
Ho humm I did indeed get my braces today.

and all those painful horror stories people told me of when they put them on?
( always right after I would announce I was getting braces.. umm. really? ha ha)
I have to admit I was OH SO disappointed ( NOT!!)
It went great actually, (besides having extremely dry and chapped lips after the whole process, and a lot of drooling, and lots and lots of metal in my mouth.)
It was a pain free experience and went by rather quickly!
So yes, I am missy Brace Face ( not a nickname for future reference btw)
although I have yet to attempt eating anything yet ( ooh geez I am already such a hog when I eat, this will be just a lovely sight) but I do recommend a Smoothie from Smoothie King too sooth and satisfy your tummy after it all.
Braces will be for sure be an interesting experience, *grins*

3 comments:

brlracincwgrl said...

Lovely photos! Oh the joys of braces, I had them for 4 years...yikes!

Good luck! They really aren't that bad once you get used to them!

chelsea rebecca said...

oh my goodness i love all the photos! HOORAY!
and starbucks drink with a little vanilla scone! YUM! YUM! YUM!
and i love your toms! so cute!

E said...

Gah, yes that scene from P&P. Now I need to go see it again!