Monday, February 15, 2010

What a Day



My Valentine's Day
- I made homemade valentine's with colored paper, stick glue, and magazine cut outs.
I felt like a kid( tee hee!!)... now peeps...im not a super crafty person( really and seriously I'm not, I try but I can never be like BAM! crafty amazingness!!..it just isn't there and I am somewhat lazy and short of patience and over-think things..baking on the other hand.. ha ha. :D)... but once I added a quote that I felt fit the card and receiver of the card...... Viola! homemade is always special, not matter who makes it. =]
-I made 36 mini cupcakes for my church and some to take to dancing buddies =]
( I went CrAzY with the sprinkles and candy hearts!!! SO much fun!!... you should see my sprinkle collection. it's growing and growing!!)
they were extra delectable if I do say so myself. little bites of delightful love.
-I went SWING DANCING at THIS PLACE. with some AWESOME people.
what better way to wrap up Valentine's Day? I must admit it's so much easier for me now, the dancing part... and the hours flew by. so much fun!!
I am so blessed.
I LOVE my life.
I LOVE my awesome group of friends that is ever growing
I LOVE my family.
How was your Holiday?

8 comments:

Dani said...

Gary said the cupcakes were wonderful, hate that we missed dancing again.

Eldarwen said...

Sounds/looks like you had a fun Valentine's Day, Rachel! I didn't do anything for Valentine's Day. I just went and ate pizza with some friends for lunch. I guess that's doing something, huh? :)

Hugs,
Eldarwen

Unknown said...

What an awesome day you had!!!

That Hellen Keller quote is on my desk at work. It reminds me to not take anything for granted and that even the simplest of things have beauty. LOVE makes the world go round :)

Owl of the Desert said...

That sounds wonderful. I love your quotes!

Taylor said...

I love homemade cards... and the ones you made are adorable. :)

I'm glad you enjoyed your Valentines Day!!

Blessings,
~Taylor

Erin Kim said...

hello! i just discovered your blog and i love your passion for God and your positive attitude. i wish for people like you! anyway, i'm glad you had a wonderful v-day! thanks for sharing the sunshine. :)

god bless ya,
erin :)

Anonymous said...

All of your crafts are so cute!!
Dont say you are not crafty! You soo are!

Blue Sue said...

sure u are good at crafts; those cards look awesome