Thursday, November 22, 2012

The End of My Journey of Thankfulness-Day 22

Day 22-Happy Thanksgiving! 
I am thankful for today, and the meaning behind today.
Count each and every little blessing.
Think of why we celebrate today, read up on your history and
 remember why today truly is a day to set aside and be thankful!
It kills me how Thanksgiving is turning into a forgotten holiday, it's more of a prep day for Black Friday and Christmas ( in fact Black "Friday" shopping now starts on Thursday night! seriously?!)
Don't spend today thinking of all the things you want to buy and have tomorrow.....look around you, be grateful, hug and kiss your loved ones, listen to the stories, laugh, and enjoy the bounty of food on your table.
Praise God for giving you life!

Do you do anything special on Thanksgiving?
What's your favorite part about today?


So that wraps up the end of my Journey! I am so glad I was able to do it, it has really put things into perspective for me and has helped me develop a good healthy habit of counting my blessings daily! There were times when I just did not want to take the time to blog...but then I would remember why I started this! This was a journey worth taking, I learned a lot along the way and realized how truly blessed I am!

No comments: