Thursday, November 1, 2012

A Journey of Thankfulness- Day 1

It's already November.  N.O.V.E.M.B.E.R. Good gravy where in the world has this year gone?! October was certainly a month of work and simply getting things done- with some very good weekends thrown into the mix. Now November has graced Florida with her presence and brought the cooler temperatures along with her * insert happy fall dance here*. Thanksgiving will be right around the corner,  and while I try to always count my blessings every chance I get...there is this wonderful holiday that brings to light all those blessings even more so! Thanks to this blog, I have been inspired to blog about my thankfulness this year. I think it'll be good for me to hopefully record daily something I am thankful for.... it'll be good for me mentally, spiritually, and even physically! I can't promise that I will be diligent in posting on time, life does happen, but I will certainly try! If you decide to join me on this journey of thankfulness,  I would love to know! Just leave a comment below.


Day 1-  Kind Folk

Today I met someone for the first time, yet she left such a wonderful impression on me that I feel like I've known her for ages! She had such a warmness and friendliness about her that you just couldn't help but want to be warm and friendly right back. She made me feel relaxed and gave me room to be myself and feel right at home.  That got me thinking about how thankful I am for the kind folk in this world...the folk who still take the time to greet you with sincere kindness and warmth even if you are a complete stranger to them! They aren't afraid to smile and laugh with genuine happiness, and they truly are interested in getting to know you even if it's just for a short while. Their friendliness is infectious and you walk away some optimism of your own to share.  How much lonelier and cold the world would be without  the kind folk in it. I am so thankful for them. It has me doing some inner reflection and praying that God will grant me with the willingness to be kind to the folk that I do not know, to smile when I am waiting in line and to seize every opportunity I have to be encouraging, helpful, kind, and friendly. What a world of difference one small gesture can mean to someone, for I know it means the world to me!

I had this on my mind all afternoon and so I felt like it was a good place to start!

Count Your Blessings!

No comments: