Friday, February 3, 2012

January Updates

hello there!
January was a whirlwind. Where in the world did it go?!


-Resolutions Updates-
*disclaimer ( so, I made a simple list of resolutions for this year, ( click here to see them) but I just want ya'll to know that I am not going to drown myself by trying to perfect these goals every single day ( click here to find out why)..but merely DO them as best I can with the mentality to put God first in every aspect of my life, to be selfless. That is my ultimate goal.

Bible reading- I'm still attempting to be consistent with my daily bible reading( the world just loves to come between me and the Lord!)  but I have noticed that when I do read I am taking the time to really study what I read, I think that's what maters.  I am so blessed to have the opportunity to read God's word whenever I please.  I need to make sure I don't treat this like any other book I would read...God's word does not deserve to be glanced through like a novel or magazine.

Diet Change- so far so good! I have been sugar free and gluten free ( along with some of my family) for an entire month now! Let me tell ya, the first few weeks were pretty tough because I would constantly find myself about to eat something that had sugar or gluten in it! ah, but I have survived, no?
Some people have found my sudden change in diet really extreme, but honestly I haven't  felt a hundred percent in SO long that I was willing & ready to make the change and excited too because I finally felt like I had found something that would work.

Let me tell you , cutting the gluten and sugar cold turkey has so far been the best health choice I have ever made. I am positive I was allergic to gluten because once I completely cut it out I no longer suffered from extreme bloating, cramping, headaches, and queasy stomach. I can also tell a huge improvement in my overall mood and the way I feel since cutting out the two. I have far less mood swings, am less tired/lethargic feeling-I just simply feel better all around....no more 2pm slump!

Guitar- Folks, I am currently learning to play the song " You Are My Sunshine" ( one of my favorite songs from a long time ago) and while my fingers do not always cooperate, I am loving it!!

Graduation Status- about 93 days to go!!!! Praise God!!


January Favorite
 My favorite this month was music. ( well, that's a favorite every month..ha) I discovered a band that I am ABSOLUTELY obsessed with." First Aid Kit  " I love their style, their sound, and not to mention the fact that they are sisters from Sweden! LOVE! I've had them on repeat practically every day. Beautiful.

feast your ears on this. now.


3 comments:

His Mercy Endureth Forever said...

Glad you're feeling better with your diet change! And way to go on your goals! Keep up the good work!

StylishByNature said...

Great!! You are just one step away from this $100 Giveaway :)

Enter Boticca.com giveaway and win $100
♡ StylishByNature.com

Blue Sue said...

so when you say sugar free do you mean no fruit or just no processed sugar? just curious lol