Monday, January 11, 2010

Chilly H2o

As I stood in front of the sink this morning, my mind began doing that thing.. you know where it processes sane ideas and thoughts. *gasp* I do believe my brain was actually thinking....whoa.
well anyways.... I had turned on the water and I was waiting for it to warm up to a somewhat less brain damaging temperature so i could wash my face. You see, it's been anywhere from 25 degrees here in Florida to 45 degrees. There is frozen-ness everywhere!! ICE!! even snow in some areas ( not mine, boo)
It's crazy cool. central Florida? FROZEN? yuppy yup.
I'm beginning to be rather concerned about this whole global warming issue. I hope the government fixes it! haaaa, actually I do believe some people wish it would start to globally warm!
So the Florida pipes are deff not used to the idea of having to warm up. The water coming outta that foucet, that I was supposed to wash my face with? yeah. it was nowhere near warm.
I realized I would have to douse my sleepy face in cold water. very chilly water.
I also knew that once I did so, I would actually feel much more refreshed and awake then if I had done the same with warmy water ( which could take YEARS). Yeah.... I just stood there staring at that water. it even LOOKED cold.
That's when I realized that I was looking at starting a new semester at college,... the same way.....I had been intentionally ignoring the fact that classes start this morning. Or to put it plainly,....... I was VERY slowly beginning to warm up to the idea. I've just been enjoying my break far too much. and the idea of learning just didn't seem all too appealing.
This semester will be haaaard. and looooong.
I know that once I jump in and get my whole body soaked rather then my tippy toes... It will be worth it. I will accomplish more, and focus more, and perhaps even pass my classes. *gasp*
If I just stand there staring at it, it ain't never gonna warm up. If I just keep on skipping through lazily like I'm still on break.... the result will not be refreshing. gahhh... this thinking process was painful. ha ha.
Did I ever mention how stubborn I can be?
so here's to the Spring 2010 semester. I am actually somewhat excited now, and determined to kick some learning badonkadonk.
I'm off, and my nose is cold.
I LOVE IT.

8 comments:

His Mercy Endureth Forever said...

Glad you're looking forward to your upcoming semester! I know you'll do great!

chelsea rebecca said...

oh i love your blog! what you said about this break {i can't seem to wrap my head around the idea of doing work this upcoming week!!!}
you explained how i feel perfectly!!
have a wonderful day
xo

Chelsea said...

Global Warming, what?!?! ;)

Kelsey Hull said...

Did Rachel Abernathy just say badonkadonk?? he he I luv this post its a great way to look at it! :)

Post Grad Hair Cut said...

How very insightful of you! I hate washing my face with cold water.

Julia said...

i wish you all the best. i can't wait for spring to roll around. i have had enough of all this rainy weather!

Unknown said...

Ahh...well...our pipes here got soo cold that they began bursting!!! Hundreds of homes had water flooding inside and became catastrophies :(

Whitney said...

We got snow TWICE last week!
It was a little dumb-founding because I mean...Alabama? Snow? Twice?
It didn't stick but it fell really hard and was absolutely beautiful.

Jump in.
I like it.