Saturday, November 3, 2012

A Journey of Thankfulness-Day 3


Day 3-The horses
Horse have been a huge part of my life for as far back as I can remember. As a young girl, when I wasn't riding,  I was absorbing every ounce of horse knowledge I possibly could- I was a sponge! While out riding this afternoon I was really in awe of how very blessed I am to be a part of this incredible world. God's creation is truly amazing! I often tell people that if it wasn't for my early involvement in horses-my entire teenage life spent working at the horse stables, riding, training, and competing - I would not be who I am today or where I am in my life today. It's not just the great horses I have had the honor of working with ( each one has taught me so much) but the people who have mentored and educated  me throughout this journey. In fact, I almost shudder to think where I would be if it wasn't for my involvement in horses. It has taught me responsibility, strength,  trust, hard work ethic, perseverance, respect, humbleness, determination. appreciation, patience ( a lot of it), diligence, self motivation, discipline, gentleness, and much much more. 
 I am so thankful for the horses!

No comments: