Sunday, August 12, 2012


Yesterday I made what seemed like the longest drive of my life to 
a testing center downtown to sit for the VTNE. I woke up that morning and resisted the urge to do some last  minute cramming. I either know the information by now or I don't. I then went for an hour long walk while listening to the most upbeat music I had on my ipod to help distract me from the butterflies trying to grow inside my stomach. What seemed like years of schooling and hundreds of hours studying, stressing, and testing all boiled down to this 250 question exam. I had to distract myself from that fact or I would have no hair and be sent to the crazy people place!! 
I used to suffer from THE worse test anxiety, to the point where my hands would shake so bad I couldn't even write my name,  my heart would pound and race, and my mind would go completely blank. Over the years I've had no choice but to train myself to snap out of it or I wouldn't have survived the never ending stream of exams we had to take while in the Vet Tech Program. 
But with the VTNE coming up I felt old habits trying to sneak back into my head. Thanks to the MANY prayers, words of encouragement, and pep talks from family and friends I was able to keep my head above water and stay focused. Thank goodness for a support system!

Before I knew it  the big day was here, at the time it felt like the biggest day of my life. ha ha. I prayed nonstop on the way to the testing center, and upon arriving I felt abnormally calm and focused. The exam was computerized so after answering questions for 3 hours I finally clicked submit exam and the screen went blank. I thought, " this is it! my results will pop up any minute!" and wouldn't you know a 10 question  survey popped up that I had to answer before getting my exam results. Are you kidding me??!?! ha, I think I just clicked on "A" for every answer. Then the screen went blank AGAIN and a little box popped up that said it was processing my results... longest 2 minutes of my LIFE. I literally sat there with my hand in the prayer position praying that I passed... my heart was about to pop out of my chest!
and then the results came through and in little print at the top of the screen it said STATUS: PASS
My jaw dropped to the floor and I read those words over again at least 10 times. I was shocked. 
Is this real life?!

I am now a Certified Veterinary Technician!

All those years of hard work paid off!
God is SO good. 

I can't stop smiling now! I feel so free and relieved!!! 
Best day ever.

1 comment:

Hannah Sue said...

Congratulations! I imagine I'll be feeling the same way next year when I take my teaching PRAXIS. I hate waiting for test results. Good luck as a vet tech!