Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sweetly Resting

Image Courtesy: http://modernhepburn.tumblr.com/page/2


    1. In the rifted rock I’m resting,
      Safely sheltered I abide;
      There no foes nor storms molest me,
      While within the cleft I hide.
      • Chorus:
        Now I’m resting, sweetly resting,
        In the cleft once made for me;
        Jesus, blessed Rock of Ages,
        I will hide myself in Thee.
    2. Long pursued by sin and Satan,
      Weary, sad, I longed for rest;
      Then I found this heav’nly shelter
      Opened in my Savior’s breast.
      Chorus:

      Peace which passeth understanding,
      Joy the world can never give,
      Now in Jesus I am finding,
      In His smiles of love I live.
    3. Chorus:
    4. In the rifted rock I’ll hide me,
      Till the storms of life are past;
      All secure in this blest refuge,
      Heeding not the fiercest blast.
      Chorus:


      We sung this lovely hymn at church this morning, 
      and the lyrics are still playing through my mind.
       Beautiful!

2 comments:

Sofie said...

I love this song. I also like the picture you chose!

Blue Sue said...

Is it just my computer, or are the words on all your posts showing up white on a white background?