Saturday, July 14, 2012

Meet Finn


I thought I would introduce you all to my latest project. As most of you know, I spend the majority of my free time out at the horse farm where I board and train. I don't live incredibly close to the farm, but the 30min drive is always worth it! Just recently I was offered the opportunity to start training one of our fairly new boarders! I absolutely love training, especially the horses that are labeled "challenging". Every horse has potential, and I love finding and bringing out that potential. Finn is a giant of a horse! ( however standing next to my six foot frame it makes him look not so big ha ha). I have yet to measure him but he is close to 18 hands! ( a hand is four inches,  that's how equestrians have been measuring their horses for years!) He is around 7 years old and has not been worked in a very long time. The owner would like to have him put into training because he is starting to develop some bad habits due to boredom. I am really looking forward to discovering what his talents are and what he enjoys doing, he is a smart boy and has a lot of potential!

No comments: