Friday, July 2, 2010

Snips and Snails & Puppydog Tails

Did I ever tell you all how kool & FUN it is to have a brother?
It's the chip in my chocolate I tell ya!
I've always been quite the "Tomboy" of the family....
ever since I was a little kid( yeah once upon a time I was small) I loved getting dirty, catching bugs and lizards, wrestling with the boys on my street( and winning! ha ha!) doing tricks on my bike, being one of the "boys", the outdoors was where I lived and thrived! I hated wearing dresses... and my stockings ( *shivers* I can't believe I had to wear white stockings) never went a Sunday without being ripped. I was very loud and boisterous, always making up imaginary games and going on adventures. pink was considered a plaque in my book...and shoes took way to much time to put on.
I wanted a brother so so badly.
I knew that once I had a brother it would like Batman and Robin, we would have SO much fun!
I'm the 2nd oldest.... with one big sis and 3 sisters after me. I never thought it would happen... even when I was in the hospital room as my brother entered the world, the Doctor holding the very loud and red baby up and announcing " it's a boy!" I remember thinking "no, nooo way, it's always been a girl. Seriously?!"

Abel has been such a blessing in my life!
even though he is the youngest, and the only boy, he is one smart, tough, hilarious, & independent cookie! ( and slightly spoiled I admit, aren't they always?)
Abel and I are 12 years apart. and even though I have quite obviously learned to embrace my girly side and even enjoy it to some extent ( a big extent I admit! ha ha).....
.... I will always have that tomboy inside me...
I have had so much fun with this dude over the past 7 years. we play football, catch bugs/lizards, wrestle, crack endless jokes, act silly, and tease and play tricks on the other sisters.
He's one bad awesome brotha!
with all that said I leave you with a vid of his most recent shenanigan, he's a goofball with some purty insane dancing skillz!


5 comments:

Eldarwen said...

Oh he's so cute, Rachel!!! :D Oh yeah. Those are some wicked dance moves. lol *wink*

:)

Brittany said...

I love it! Question is...where did he learn his moves?

chelsea rebecca said...

AWWWW he is too cute!!!
hooray for wonderful siblings!!

Dani said...

Oh Rachel, that is the funniest thing I've seen this week. Gary and Britt even thought it was funny.

Anonymous said...

Lolololol! Abel is a cool guy.